GENERAL INFORMATION FOR VISA
# Issuing a Visa
This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by ICA staff. It is posted on the department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.
Who needs a visitor visa?
Most travellers need a visitor visa; most travellers need a visitor visa to travel to Somalia.
A visitor visa (also called a temporary resident visa) is an official document that we put in your passport. It shows that you meet the requirements needed to travel to Somalia.
Who can get a visa?
You must meet some basic requirements to get a visitor visa.
- have a valid travel document like a passport
- be in good health
- have no criminal or immigration-related convictions
- convince an immigration officer that you will leave Somalia at the end of your visit
- have enough money for your stay
- The amount of money you will need depends on how long you will stay and if you will stay in a hotel, or with friends or relatives.
You may also need a medical exam and letter of invitation from someone who lives in Somalia.
Check the list of documents you need based on your situation.
Some people are not allowed to enter Federal Republic of Somalia
Some people are inadmissible to Somalia, which means they are not allowed to enter the country. You can be inadmissible for several reasons, including being involved in:
- criminal activity
- human rights violations
- organised crime
You can also be inadmissible for security, health or financial reasons. Find out more about inadmissibility.