Requirements Multiple Entry Visa
Guidelines for issuing multiple-entry visas
Immigration and Citizenship Agent (ICA) continues to promote the issuance of long-term multiple-entry visas to facilitate entry to Somalia for legitimate travellers. All applicants who are eligible for a multiple-entry visa will benefit and be issued one.
The multiple-entry visa
- allows the holder to seek entry to Somalia from any country as often as necessary during the visa’s period of validity
- is issued with long-term validity to facilitate entry to Somalia for legitimate travellers
- has a maximum validity date of up to 10 years or 1 month before the expiry date on the travel document
- should now be considered the standard document to issue, and any single-entry visa issuance requires officers to provide an explanation recorded in the application notes (for example, a single-entry visa could be considered when an applicant is participating in a one-time special event in Somalia for a very short duration)
- can still be valid but affixed in an expired travel document (in this case, the holder must also be in possession of a newer and valid travel document and must present both travel documents to the airline carrier in order to travel to Somalia and to the border services officer in order to seek entry to Somalia).